- 404 Veterinary Emergency & Referral Hospital After Hours Emergency – 404 Veterinary Emergency & Referral Hospital in Newmarket: 905-953-1933
- Mississauga/Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital After Hours Emergency – Mississauga/Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital: 905-829-9444
- Huronia Veterinary Emergency Clinic After Hours Emergency – Huronia Veterinary Emergency Clinic in Barrie: 705-722-0377
- Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital After Hours Emergency – Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital in North-East Toronto / Scarborough: 416-247-8387
Click on the links below to access downloadable PDF versions of the files the veterinarian suggested for you.
- Pain Control for Degenerative Joint Disease (Arthritis) in Cats – please email us for a copy of this handout.
- Pain Control for Degenerative Joint Disease (Arthritis) in Dogs – please email us for a copy of this handout.
- Dogs & Ticks: Information about ticks, dogs and disease. How to protect your pet from serious tick-transmitted diseases.
- Indoor Pet Initiative: Information for pet owners whose pet never (or at least rarely) go outside. There is a lot of great information here to enrich your pet’s life.
- Pet Health Network: Answers from Vets about your pet.
- PetLynx.net : Report Lost And Found Pets: Use this link to report a Lost or a Found pet. This pet recovery system searches lost and found reports posted within the community and Ontario, and can help identify and return lost pets back home based on a physical description.
- Trupanion Pet Insurance: Do you wonder if you should purchase health insurance for your pet? Some argue that if you save money on a monthly basis, you should be able to have enough to pay for unforeseen veterinary expenses. We certainly hope they never happen to you, but vehicular accidents and other injuries can and do happen to pets, and the safety net of pet insurance can mean a world of difference.
- Veterinary Partner: Do you have questions about animal health, medications, therapies, surgery, behaviour, or safety? VeterinaryPartner.com is here to support your veterinarian and you in the care of your companion animals by providing reliable, up-to-date animal health info.
- Wildlife Information:
- CVMA Documents and Position Statements: From the CVMA Website: “The CVMA position (statements) are intended to be used as guidelines and principles that address veterinary issues and the stewardship and welfare of animals. These positions are meant to guide the profession, and also to educate the public on the veterinary viewpoint on select issues. Positions are intended to provide a “forward-thinking” viewpoint on issues based on what is happening not just in Canadian society and the veterinary profession but internationally.” Here are a select few links to some of the statements and documents:
- Animal Poison Control Centre : The APCC is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, CALL: (888) 426-4435. A $65 (US) consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.